Buckingham Palace officials disclosed the funeral will probably be held April 17 in Windsor Castle
Meghan Markle won’t be attending Prince Philip’s funeral along with her husband, Prince Harry, that intends to attend.
On Saturday, 1 day after the Duke of Edinburgh’s passing, Buckingham Palace officials declared a personal funeral will probably be held in Windsor Castle on April 17.
The palace said Philip participate in planning his funeral and also the focus on household was according to his wishes. The 99-year-old duke expired at age 99.
Prince Harry, that resigned from royal duties last year and currently lives in California, will attend the ceremony together with other members of their royal household. His spouse, Meghan Markle, who’s pregnant, was advised by her physician to attend.
Harry’s presence will indicate the first time he is reunited with his British royal household members because he and his wife did a viral meeting with Oprah Winfrey.
Throughout the two-hour CBS particular, Harry revealed his connections with his dad, Prince Charles, 72, along with his older brother, Prince William, have ruptured.
Markle clarified feeling so isolated and unhappy within the royal household she had suicidal ideas. The household member wasn’t Queen Elizabeth II or her husband Prince Philip, based on Harry, igniting a flurry of speculation about who it might be.
Harry told Winfrey the royal household cut him off financially at the beginning of 2020 after announcing plans to resign from his or her roles. However he managed to manage safety for his family due to the cash his late mother Princess Diana left .
Sources told Us Weekly the William had been”struggling” to return after the interview and wishes to openly talk about his side of this story.
When confronted by reporters soon after the special aired, William reported that the royals have been”not a racist family.” He added that, in the moment, he hadn’t talked to Harry regarding the contents of this interview. Gayle King subsequently reported that the brothers have spoken, however discussions were”not effective.”
In terms of the funeral provider, palace officials said the service would be conducted strictly in accord with authorities COVID-19 guidelines, which limit the range of individuals attending funerals. They declined to state if the royal household would be asked to wear masks.
Funeral details were published Saturday hours following army teams across the U.K. and on boats at sea fired 41-gun salutes to indicate the passing of the duke, honoring the former naval officer whom they believed among their own.
“It is with profound sorrow Her Majesty The Queen has declared the passing of her husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
On March 3, he also experienced a process to get a preexisting heart disease in St. Bartholomew’s Hospital prior to being moved back to King Edward VII hospital on March 5 and finally published home on March 16.