You invest a lot of money on furniture to transform the patio and naturally want them to last for a few years. Regardless of the material of your much loved patio table, the last thing you want is rainwater washing away its luster. Typically, the polish and shine of the patio table starts fading within a few years. Therefore, you need an appropriate cover to extend its life.
Here are a few things you must consider when protecting the patio table:
- The first line of protection is to prevent damage.
- Investing in high-quality protective covers for the patio table protects it from the sun and other weathering impact.
- The cover you buy must be specially-made for the outdoors, so the fabric must be durable and weather-resistant.
- Before putting on the cover, you need to ensure that the table is completely dry and clean or else trapped moisture may result in the formation of mildew.
- Even though outdoor furniture comes with low-maintenance requirements, you may require polishing the table once in a while for materials, such a teak, stainless steel, ad wicker.
- It is necessary to clean the outdoor furniture once in a while.
Select the best cover:
When you shop for patio table covers, a good way is looking for options that come with minimal maintenance hassles. Here is what you need to know.
- Measuring the furniture
Many people buy the table cover randomly but it will not provide all round protection or may leave gaps through which water enters with ease. Therefore, you need to cautiously measure the width, height, and the depth of your furniture to get the best-fitting covers and avid getting your hands on those ill-fitting covers.
Remember that a perfectly-fitted cover helps in keeping away dirt and during the harsh weather. You invest a good amount when buying patio furniture, so a frugal approach is generally not desirable when buying a protective cover.
- Circulation of air
A form-fitting cover is the best thing you may have to ensure that the patio table stays protected during the winter months. However, you need to be equally aware of air circulation when buying cover as a lack of air circulation promotes mold growth and humidity. Of you get a cover, look for built-in vents inside that allows air to freely circulate while providing protection from water and sun.
- Waterproof or not
Most manufacturers of table covers claim about offering fully waterproof materials but you must check the fabric and its features before deciding. For instance, the vinyl covers allow bundles of water droplets to form on its top that eventually runs away.
- Protect from winds
Rain and sun are not the only evils destroying the outdoor table but strong winds can also play havoc. Heavy winds may lift the over cover material, leaving the furniture exposed to stormy weather. So, make sure you choose covers with tie-down so that they stay in place.
Buying a furniture cover is even more challenging than the furniture itself. You need to make sure that the patio table cover fits the weather requirements fully and make the furniture last for years.