He is said to have received bribes for orders: A former executive of the state waste disposal company Meab is accused of bribery in a particularly serious case. A spokesman for the public prosecutor’s office in Neuruppin said on Friday.
The “Berliner Zeitung” had previously reported on the charges. Accordingly, the 68-year-old defendant had received millions in cash, luxury goods and tickets for sporting events – in return for construction contracts and discounted disposal offers.
The case at Märkische Entsorgungsanlagen-Betriebsgesellschaft mbH (Meab) has occupied investigators for several years. There had been large-scale searches in 2019. The manager’s financiers from Schleswig-Holstein, North Rhine-Westphalia and Berlin are also accused. It is still unclear when the process will begin.