And here is the next construction site that will hit tens of thousands in West Berlin. From July 4th to 8th, the Dischingerbrücke in Berlin-Spandau will become a nasty traffic jam trap – meaning the large bridge in the center that leads from the “Spandau Arcaden” in the direction of Ikea over the Havel. This was announced by Spandau’s building councilor Thorsten Schatz, CDU, in the current Spandau newsletter from the Tagesspiegel. There is a lot of exclusive district news and in full once a week here: leute.tagesspiegel.de.
After the Zitadellen Bridge (54,000 vehicles) and the Frey Bridge (47,000), the Dischinger Bridge is the busiest Havel Bridge in Berlin-Spandau: 40,000 vehicles per day. This emerges from documents from the Senate Department for Transport. The M45 also rolls over there to the Ruhleben underground station, which will also be stuck in traffic.
“The high traffic load, especially due to heavy traffic, leads to comparatively rapid road wear,” says City Councilor Thorsten Schatz.
From Monday 4th July there is therefore only 1 lane towards Ikea; From July 6th to 8th, one lane will also be closed in the direction of the arcades. The construction measure is from the Senate, which wants to be finished on July 8th. It was not possible to move to the summer holidays (from July 7th).
And here is a small bridge 1×1 for this important crossing over the Havel: Each ant hill has its own Wikipedia page, the proud Dischinger Bridge on the other hand: None.
Here are the brief facts for the next small talk: The bridge was opened on December 22, 1956, at 12 noon, and at 120 meters it was one of the longest bridges in the city. The idea arose for the legendary IBA and the namesake was a great from the TU Berlin, Professor Franz Dischinger. Advantage: Not everyone had to roll through the old town anymore. At that time, an allotment colony on the Havel was flattened. Here are the original texts that I searched for you in the Tagesspiegel archive.
[Read more in the Tagesspiegel: According to the Senate, these three Spandau bridges are to be renovated – What is happening in the orphaned toilet facility under the Charlottenbrücke in the old town? – Planning for the new Schulenburg Bridge at the southern harbor begins in 2022 (here is the schedule) – In August 2022, the kilometer-long new building on the banks of the Havel begins for 60 million euros]
I send you the Spandau newsletter once a week, bundled and with lots of specific news from Kladow to Hakenfelde, from Staaken to Siemensstadt. Here I name the topics that you will find in the current Spandau newsletter.
– Altstadt: New café planned by the river – this is a rarity in Spandau
– Large student residence is being built in the old town directly on the Havel
– “Need a small statue of liberty”: ideas from ex-mayor Helmut Kleebank for the new bank design
– 14 million construction site: Start of construction for the “Spandauer Horn” on the Spree corner Havel. The date and how to build
– Havelradweg: New luggage compartments at the old town bridge?
– “The Federal President has bees from Spandau in his garden”: the head of the Spandau beekeepers’ association in an interview about honey, criticism of the Spandau town hall and tips for families and their garden
– Lots of ideas and plans for the water town: Fresh greenery, street art walls, new social center with the church – but the WBM fails with their gastro plans on the Havelufer. Plus: SUP races and dance evenings start on the banks of the Havel
– 100 years village church in the garden city of Staaken: the 1st photo and the anniversary celebration
– Best-of-BVV: AfD candidate takes the 9th attempt to elect the city council
– Linke wants free toilets for women in Spandau
– Garbage annoyance and anger at motorists on Lake Glienicke who tear obstacles out of the ground – Politics meets the police and fire brigade
– Dischinger Bridge between Arcaden and Ikea: Attention, traffic jam in July!
– Heerstraße Nord: Video surveillance is getting serious
– Maximilian, the yellow currywurst booth from Spandau
– Dates without end: open-air cinema, outdoor pool, culture in the arcades, concerts – and shady excursion destinations
– Local sport: Spandau is the epi center in canoe polo and the new vice president of Hertha BSC is Spandauer
– Berlin-Spanpfau: Readers again show photos of their favorite peacock
Our district newsletters already have almost 265,000 subscriptions – feel free to try us out! We will send you the newsletter once a week by e-mail, including during the upcoming summer holidays, of course. We look forward to you as a reader.