Starting in August, the Tiergarten district court will hear the charges against the neo-Nazis Sebastian T. and Tilo P. for two right-wing extremist arson attacks and other acts.
The expanded jury admitted the multiple indictments last Thursday that had been brought by the attorney general’s office more than a year ago. A court spokeswoman said on Tuesday.
The two extremists are said to have set fire to the car of the bookseller Heinz Ostermann and that of the left-wing politician Ferat Kocak in quick succession on the night of February 1, 2018. The Nazi opponents should obviously be punished and intimidated for their commitment.
The vehicles were destroyed by the fire. The attacks are considered a sad climax in the series of more than 70 right-wing attacks in Neukölln since 2013, including 23 arson attacks. The crimes worry the city, the security authorities are under pressure.
[If you want to have all the latest news live on your mobile phone, we recommend our app, which you can download here for Apple and Android devices.]
Since January 2017 at the latest, the two men are said to have agreed to carry out the arson attacks on the vehicles. In addition, the two neo-Nazis are accused of pasting posters and stickers with right-wing extremist slogans in Berlin on various occasions, especially in 2017, together with three other defendants.
In addition, there is the allegation of fraud against T., he is said to have given false information for the receipt of unemployment benefit II.
The district court will hear the charges on August 29. So far, ten days of negotiations have been scheduled for this.