The Japanese public Prosecutor’s office has filed a new indictment due to serious infidelity against the former chief of Renault and Nissan, Carlos Ghosn,. The Manager is already in custody. The new indictment stand in connection with Nissan-payments to a distributor in the Sultanate of Oman, reported the news Agency Kyodo.
The Prosecutor’s office accuses the 65-Year-old in addition to the previous charges, to have between the end of 2015 and mid-2018, a total of 15 million dollars (13.4 million euros) to Nissan-funds to a company in the Middle East transferred. He is supposed to have five million dollars for private purposes, the diversion of which he is said to have, among other things, for the financing of a luxury yacht. Ghosn is said to have made of the money, investment in a business of his son in the United States.
Nissan filed a criminal complaint against Ghosn
The new infidelity allegations are, according to experts, the most serious accusations against Ghosn. The company Nissan has reimbursed according to its own information, a criminal complaint against him. Ghosn had instructed the payments in question, which had gone through a subsidiary, to a vehicle distribution abroad, in order to enrich themselves. Economically they were seen “not necessary”.
The former car Manager was because of the new allegations at the 4. April have been arrested – only less than a month after his release on bail ahead of his trial for alleged Financial crimes. His current detention, which was only ten days ago extended, ends on Monday. After the expansion of the indictment Ghosns lawyers can re-apply for his release on bail.
The 64-Year-old, who saved the automaker Nissan from bankruptcy and together with Renault and Mitsubishi, a powerful international group Alliance had built, had been taken in November last year in Tokyo due to alleged violation of stock exchange requirements in pre-trial detention. He should for many years have a low income at Nissan and personal losses on the Japanese car maker to transfer declared.