The water police continue to upgrade and, after the 200 hp boat, also buy two jet skis. These things are fast and manoeuvrable, can get along in narrow, shallow waters and near the shore, can be driven to the place of action on a trailer and have no dangerous ship’s propeller (rescue people!)
Jet skis for the water police on the Havel have been discussed for 12 months: In August 2021 I reported on the idea of jet skis with blue lights for the first time, two months ago there was a conclusion via Spandau’s city councilor Gregor Kempert, SPD. And this summer, Barbara Slowik made the decision at police headquarters. The authority buys two jet skis for Berlin. The Spandau newsletter from the Tagesspiegel recently reported on this, in which this text appeared first, as always.
Above is an example photo from MVP, where the police roar across Lake Schwerin with these projectiles – at a speed of 100 km/h. And with a helmet.
The jet skis were also tested in Hamburg. In Australia, the jet skis have been in use for much longer and have long been part of everyday life for the police, here is a photo from 2007. So, nothing there with a brisk police show. And here is a photo from Venice, Italy.
Task area on Havel
Mini hook: the life cycle assessment. A jet ski consumes up to 38 liters per hour, the exhaust fumes stay on the water surface and things are not quiet either. “In this respect, care is taken in the tender to ensure that, for example, exhaust and noise emissions are complied with,” the police recently told the “Tagesspiegel Checkpoint” on request. Also logical. It would also be a case for the Berlin police if that were not observed.
[Once a week, lots of news from your neighborhood: The complete Spandau newsletter is available at tagesspiegel.de/bezirke]
Here is a quick overview of some of the topics in the current Spandau newsletter.
– This is how deep Lake Glienicke sank this summer
– End of vacation: teacher Jenny Grethen from Gatow writes novels, talks about books and wishes
– Staaken-West: Bathing season in Berlin’s smallest outdoor pool is extended
– Where is Spandau’s new rescue station in Wilhelmstadt? Now the fire brigade is answering
– Memorial plaque to Spandau’s last rabbi damaged – why isn’t it being repaired? That’s what the city council says
– First details on the popular Wilhelmstadt festival
– The forest service in Gatow is approaching
– Church of Grace on the Scharfen Lanke gets Jewish artwork
– Falkenhagener Feld: Anger about Deutsche Wohnen
– These children’s playgrounds are to be modernized
– Riddles in the sky by Kladow and Staaken: What are these helicopters?
– New theater project at Spandau station – in 7 freight cars
– Promenade concert in Kladow, literature festival in Wilhelmstadt
– Triathlon at Wannsee, company run at the Olympic Stadium
– 30 years Saatwinkler Steg in Haselhorst
– Altstadt cinema: Dirty Dancing, James Bond and dogs in the cinema
– Tip for extending your holiday: the famous ferry from Wasserstadt to the islets on Lake Tegel
– Sweet greetings from Denmark
Our Tagesspiegel district newsletters, which we send you once a week, district by district, already have almost 270,000 subscriptions. Try us out, we look forward to seeing you!