Now it’s fixed, black and white, the tender is out. Almost two months ago, Spandau’s building councilor Thorsten Schatz, CDU, revealed in the Tagesspiegel newsletter for Berlin-Spandau that a new café is being built in a prominent location at the town hall – between the parking lot, rose garden and Havelufer. Such a bar terrace is an absolute scarce commodity on the Havel.
“For a cool drink or a cup of coffee, Havelflaneurs have to cover longer distances, for example into the pedestrian zone in the old town,” says Schatz. Here’s the whole story, and my photo above – it’s about this area.
Now there are more details. Restaurateurs can apply until August 31st. The specifications state that “at this exposed location during the summer months, high-quality food and drinks should be offered to broad sections of the population”.
There is also news about the opening hours, which, as always, you can read first in the Spandau newsletter from the Tagesspiegel: The company should guarantee a minimum opening time from April 1st to October 15th.
[Once a week, lots of news from your neighborhood: The complete Spandau newsletter is available at tagesspiegel.de/bezirke]
Here is a quick overview of some of the topics in the current Spandau newsletter.
– This is how deep Lake Glienicke sank this summer
– End of vacation: teacher Jenny Grethen from Gatow writes novels, talks about books and wishes
– Staaken-West: Bathing season in Berlin’s smallest outdoor pool is extended
– Where is Spandau’s new rescue station in Wilhelmstadt? Now the fire brigade is answering
– Memorial plaque to Spandau’s last rabbi damaged – why isn’t it being repaired? That’s what the city council says
– First details on the popular Wilhelmstadt festival
– The forest service in Gatow is approaching
– Church of Grace on the Scharfen Lanke gets Jewish artwork
– Falkenhagener Feld: Anger about Deutsche Wohnen
– These children’s playgrounds are to be modernized
– Riddles in the sky by Kladow and Staaken: What are these helicopters?
– New theater project at Spandau station – in 7 freight cars
– Promenade concert in Kladow, literature festival in Wilhelmstadt
– Triathlon at Wannsee, company run at the Olympic Stadium
– 30 years Saatwinkler Steg in Haselhorst
– Altstadt cinema: Dirty Dancing, James Bond and dogs in the cinema
– Tip for extending your holiday: the famous ferry from Wasserstadt to the islets on Lake Tegel
– Sweet greetings from Denmark
Our Tagesspiegel district newsletters, which we send you once a week, district by district, already have almost 270,000 subscriptions. Try us out, we look forward to seeing you!