Internet shopping can save you a trip to the mall, money, and time. But in reality, careless online purchasing can cause more problems than it solves. When buying clothes online, be sure you buy the right sizes. So, what can a shopper do in making sure everything fits? This sizing guide will help you capture the correct size when buying your apparel online:
- Take your measurements
In the fashion industry, the sizing of apparel can differ depending on the manufacturer’s numeric size scale. That means you can’t rely on the standard large/medium/small scale. To add, when shopping online, you can’t try the clothes before and that’s why getting the actual measurements is very important.
- Women should, at minimum, know their hip, waist, and bust sizes. Other additional measurements that can help include arm length, inseam, and height, but that depends on the garment type.
- Men should have their waist, neck, inseam, chest measurements, and other additional ones like height, shoulder width, and arm length.
- For children’s apparel, parents must know the child’s hips, waist, and height. Boys also need chest measurements while girls need a bust measurement.
- For toddlers and newborns, parents should acquaint themselves with their kid’s weight and height
- Check each garment’s sizing information
Many online clothing stores sell apparel from various manufacturers that have a standard sizing chart. With this in mind, it’s important to check each item you intend to buy by double-checking the size tag measurements. In fact, you may be astonished to realize that you may be a medium size by one standard and small size by another’s standard. Additionally, before you load that virtual shopping cart, check on the store’s policies on sizing. A legitimate seller who doesn’t offer refunds and returns can be a blunder to buy from them. Otherwise, you can find yourself trapped with an item that is of no use since it can’t fit.
- Some stores put small or large, so, in such a case, don’t rely on the dress size. Please read the information on their web to be sure which size fits your measurements best.
- Try on your clothes as soon as they arrive, as some online stores only accept returns within a limited time.
- Don’t remove stickers or tags, which may prevent you from returning it just if it doesn’t fit.
- Know the Difference
In most cases, stores that sell women’s clothing focus on these two sizes – “juniors” and “misses.” It’s vital to know the difference between misses, juniors, and women’s clothing. For the most part, there is a significant bearing on how these clothes fit the body. It’s important to know that misses are sized in even sizes while juniors have odd numbers. In general, misses have more room when it comes to hips and are excellent for hourglass figures. On the other hand, juniors have less room for bust and hips and are great for trendier tastes, smaller frames, and boyish shapes.
- Check and match your sizing before buying clothes online.
- Make a list of what you need
When shopping for multiple items at once, keep a list of everything you intend to buy before engaging yourself. Not only will this stop you from feeling overwhelmed by varieties, but it will also help you to stay on track. Since sizes differ so widely across the board to the extent that fit goes, this concept works well and can help you narrow your search.
- A narrow search helps you find sites that offer clothing based on your location. For instance, if you are looking forward to buy 6th Street brand, you may find that the United States dress size is different from the European dress size.
- Avoid distractions
When shopping for clothes online, only look for what you need. For example, if you only want to buy a dress, stay away from accessories and tops. As you might be expecting, you may risk wasting lots of time staring at items you don’t really require. In addition to this, you can end up taking extra things that will make you exceed your budget line.
- Check the product listing for customer reviews
Apart from the store’s product description recommendations, check to see if other customers enjoy the size fitting of what you want to buy. If you find negative reviews from previous customers who weren’t satisfied, look for the reasons why. That way, you will gain insights into how well the clothes fit and whether you need to buy a smaller or larger size.
- Make the most of your coupon code
If you receive a coupon in an online store, the great deals are only valid if you use it when the discount is running. Online coupons are not accepted everywhere, but most recognizable stores allow you to use a coupon code for your online shopping, so check the details before use. As well, some printable coupons may have online voucher codes that you can use when buying online.
If you use this sizing guide when shopping for your clothes online, you can save substantial cash, but this can only be possible if you know how to get the right size. Because brands, fit, and sizing can vary – never forget to check into a store’s return policy just if the item doesn’t fit you, and you may want to return it. That way, you will look good, as well as get great deals that are pocket friendly.