Just in the holiday mood? Fine. Then clean your sunglasses, pack sunscreen, take your bike or even your horse – even that can be taken on the Berlin ferry from Spandau to Tegelort (“Person with bike: 1 euro, rider with horse: 1.40 euros”) .
On the Aalemannufer it’s almost as if you were taking the ferry to Pellworm or Amrum – it even smells of water and there are seagulls too. Only the journey is not that long: 150 seconds short vacation. Here is a mini video of me.
If you like, you can get fresh herring from the fresh food counter in the supermarket beforehand, chop thick onions and put it all in a bun. North Sea feeling! A great picnic on the Havelbank – and thanks to the onions, nobody gets too close to you.
At the pier in Hakenfelde there is also something behind the gills. Last fall, the restaurant at the ferry dock was apparently renamed and is now called “Heaven
[This tip comes from the Spandau newsletter from the Tagesspiegel – many excursion tips, dates and concrete district news are always available here and now free of charge: leute.tagesspiegel.de]
If you want to read more from Spandau: Here are the topics from the current Spandau newsletter from the Tagesspiegel.
– Bureaucracy farce about the Jewish theater ship in Spandau: is the premiere about to burst? The story is in the newsletter, which has long since reached the Senate and federal authorities.
– Police inaugurate new monument in Spandau – but newsletter evaluation shows: Ironically, in Spandau more monuments are damaged than anywhere else
– Who is the woman who set up the singles walk in Gatow: Interview with one – of course! – Newsletter reader about Gatow, singles, her books and pooping crows
– Tram plans for Spandau: The newsletter explains the plans to you and reports on the initial public response
– 25 years of Spandau station: the anniversary
– Exhibition in Ruhleben shows the history of the emigrant station
– Brewery and vanilla pastry: delicious Spandau tips
– Special Olympics: Teams from Oceania move to Spandau
– “All come in green”: VfV Spandau in the cup final, part II
– Neighborhood Day and Volunteering Festival
– No more crab fishing: The last fisherman from Tiefwerder doesn’t want to anymore – but has new ideas
– Mega construction site Rudolf Wissell Bridge: Who was that again? And where else in Spandau is he remembered?
– Citizens’ office in Staaken – and when will the citizens’ office in Kladow open again after Corona?
– Neighborhood festivals, cultural tips, many dates from Spandau’s cultural life
– Photo puzzles from Kladow: two postcards from the 1930s – with one difference
The Tagesspiegel newsletter for Berlin’s districts already has more than 260,000 subscriptions: choose your district newsletter now! In it we inform you about district news, neighborhood debates, name dates, links and tips. We look forward to you.