A pool accident occurred in a hotel on the holiday island of Mallorca on Monday afternoon. As the “Mallorca-Zeitung” reported, at least 26 bathers suffered from chlorine poisoning, including three children.

As the rescue agency responsible reported on Twitter, the accident was reported around 12:30 p.m. local time from the Hotel Sea Club in Port d’Alcúdia in the north of the tourist island. After several visitors complained of itching, burning eyes, vomiting and breathing problems, the hotel’s lifeguards are said to have closed the facility. Immediately afterwards, the police, emergency doctor and fire brigade are said to have been alerted.

Ten of the affected bathers were taken to various hospitals on the island, their nationalities are still unclear. According to the rescue workers, nine of them were initially slightly injured.

Later, a total of three children are said to have been taken to an intensive care unit in the island’s capital, Palma de Mallorca. According to the “Mallorca Zeitung”, her condition is stable.