The father of the two children killed in Hanau, who is suspected of murder, has reportedly already been noticed in a case of domestic violence. According to the police and the public prosecutor, it is still not possible to predict when the man who was arrested near Paris on Saturday will be transferred to Germany. He remains silent on the allegations, said a spokeswoman for the public prosecutor’s office on Monday.
Last Wednesday, a seriously injured eleven-year-old boy was found in front of a high-rise building in downtown Hanau, who died a short time later in the hospital. His seven-year-old sister was found dead on the balcony of a ninth-floor apartment in the skyscraper where the children lived with their mother. The suspect was the 47-year-old father of the two children, who was arrested near Paris on Saturday morning.
Target investigators from the State Criminal Police Office had located him with the support of other experts from the Federal Criminal Police Office’s target search. An arrest warrant had been issued against the man since the day of the crime, as a spokeswoman for the Hanau public prosecutor said. After his transfer from France to Germany, he will be brought before the investigating judge, after which he will be taken into custody, the spokeswoman said.